One of the greatest benefits of purchasing your park tickets ahead of time is the ability to book FastPass+ either 30 or 60 days ahead of your scheduled vacation. FastPass+ reservations allow you to secure shorter wait times for at least 3 attractions per day per park. Think of FastPass+ as a virtual queue rather than waiting in standby for hours. And who wouldn’t want that?! Especially nowadays when the parks are busier than ever.
Are you new to planning? Never booked FastPass+ before at Walt Disney World? Learn everything you need to know by starting here –> https://adisneystateofmind.com/how-fastpass-works-at-walt-disney-world-learning-the-basics/
But how do you score the really hard-to-get FastPass+ options? Is it even worth the time to try? It is known that the hard-to-get FastPass+ options are typically the more popular or newer attractions at the parks. Generally, these are Tier 1 attractions and often take a little strategy to obtain.
Here are my best tips and tricks to secure those harder FastPass+ reservations:
- Be ready. It’s that simple. Log into your My Disney Experience account a few minutes before 7 AM EST on the day you can start booking, and get ready to start reserving as soon as the hour strikes. Remember there are TONS of people every single day using the system at the same time, from all over the world. You are not the only one. You need to be ready.
- Use multiple devices. You can book FastPass+ via the Walt Disney World website (waltdisneyworld.com) or via the My Disney Experience app. Log into both and have them ready on your scheduled day. You never know when the website or the app might be down and you’ll have to rely on the other to book your reservations.
- Have a plan. This is important. Think through your itinerary ahead of time, and pre-plan accordingly. Jot down a proposed plan so when you begin scheduling the FastPass+, you know what days to book which attractions/parks.
- Be flexible. Just as much as you should have a plan is as much as you need to be flexible. There will be FastPass+ choices that you won’t be able to secure on the day you planned, so you have to be willing to move things around. And you won’t have much time to think about it. You can always modify your reservations later.
- Prioritize which attractions you want to get FastPass+ for first. Those are the FastPass+ selections you need to focus on. Remember this, when scheduling your reservations, you can jump from day-to-day to schedule FastPass+ selections at each park, choosing the most popular/priority attractions first. Then you can go back and schedule the remainder (lesser priority attractions) for the rest of your stay.
- Tag team with family and friends. Divide and conquer this way you can focus and have a better opportunity to reserve the FastPass+ selections you want. Each person can be on their own device (laptop, tablet, or phone) to make reservations. Just make sure your traveling party is linked to your My Disney Experience account and everyone has a valid ticket linked to the account before your scheduled FastPass+ day. This is not something you want to do last minute.
- Book, then modify. Once you book your FastPass+, you can always go back into the reservations and modify the dates/times. Remember this! If your hard-to-get FastPass+ is available, but the time isn’t quite right, book it anyway. You can always update/change it after. It is true that sometimes all dates/times are filled, and there isn’t anything else to choose from, but that’s where the next tip comes in handy!
- Refresh, refresh, refresh! People cancel trips and FastPass+ all the time. You might get lucky. If park times are extended, additional FastPass+ are added for that day, you might be able to update your reservation. There are also times of each day where Disney releases extra FastPass+ into the system, so while you are in the park, keep checking! If you take the time and are persistent, chances are you will get the date/time you are looking for!
So which attractions are the hardest to get in each park? Let’s break it down…
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Peter Pan
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Epcot Forever
- Frozen Ever After
- Test Track
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Rock n Roller Coaster
- Tower of Terror
- Toy Story Mania
- Expedition Everest
- Festival of the Lion King
- Flight of Passage
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Na’vi River Journey