Can you believe that next month on August 16th Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party kicks off at the Magic Kingdom? And Disney just revealed new details for this year’s event!
This year there will be an all-new nighttime extravaganza “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular” displaying high above Cinderella Castle. Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” serves as the host of the new state-of-the-art projection show featuring special effects, lasers, lighting and dazzling fireworks filling the sky above Magic Kingdom. His sidekick Zero will go on an trick-or-treating adventure with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald as they enter into a haunted mansion and encounter dancing skeletons, waltzing ghosts and a whole series of troublemaking Disney villains.
Several attractions will receive overlays this year at the party:
- In Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, they’ll interact in all new ways, learning about the human world holiday we call Halloween
- You’ll discover live pirates on Pirates of the Caribbean in an all-new adventure
- Space Mountain will go completely dark again this year to an new hard-rockin’ soundtrack
- The Mad Hatter Tea Party will get madder and madder with special lighting and music after dark
- Fancy Nancy will join Disney Junior pals like Vampirina and Doc McStuffins for a Dance Party in Storybook Circus
And there are some returning favorites too:
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
- The the ride of the Headless Horseman in “Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade”
- Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball