Updated October 14, 2021
Disney Very Merriest After Hours is an all-new Christmas Party coming to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World this Holiday Season. This special four hour After Hours event will replace the long-running Mickey’s Very Merriest Christmas Party (MVMCP) for 2021 season. While we anticipate the potential return of MVMCP in 2022, the Very Merriest After Hours is a solid replacement and fair compromise while we continue to navigate the un-chartered (and choppy) COVID waters.
For those unfamiliar with previous Disney After Hours events, they debuted in 2016 as a very limited capacity, separate ticketed event taking place three hours after park closing, with access to select attractions — which automatically meant much shorter wait times (if any at all!) to all of your favorite rides! The event debuted in Magic Kingdom and was eventually offered in Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. The events often sold out, but with limited tickets sold, you essentially felt like you had the entire park to yourself. Previous Disney After Hours events also included complimentary popcorn, ice cream treats and beverages. I attended an After Hours event, see my full review here!
Disney followed a similar format this year for Halloween when announcing Disney After Hours Boo Bash. Overall that event was well received and most of the party dates/time sold out. What Boo Bash was missing however was special themed event fireworks and an actual parade (it offered multiple cavalcades throughout the event). While this was a fair compromised, I think the general consensus is these two offerings would have made the event absolutely well worth it. Without them, the event seemed to lack the Halloween vibe and energy we are used to from Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
Disney Very Merriest After Hour will offer these things and more! Let’s explore….
Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours will be held on 24 select nights beginning November 8th through December 21st, 2021 from 9:00pm – 1:00am! The special hard ticket event will feature exclusive entertainment, food & beverage, merchandise, and more.
TICKETS & DATES
Tickets for this event can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240.
Here is the pricing for this frightful event:
- November dates: tickets start at $169 – $229, plus tax
- December dates: tickets start at $209 – $249, plus tax
- December 19 and 21: tickets are $249, plus tax
- Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount for event nights in November.
A limited number of tickets are available.
A day park ticket and park reservation are not required for the special event; Guests with a Very Merriest ticket will be granted admission to Magic Kingdom as early at 7:00pm. Guests can take advantage of the additional 2-hours in the park before the official party starts at 9:00pm.
Here are the dates for “Disney Very Merriest After Hours”:
- November: 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 28, 30
- December: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21
VERY MERRIEST HIGHLIGHTS
Disney has done an incredible job of bringing the magic to Guests during the pandemic, while maintaining all required health and safety measures as recommended by the CDC. These measures will remain in place during the After Hours event.
But, here’s what you can expect to see and do throughout the evening event:
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: Wave to Disney friends during a holiday parade brimming with joy and magic. This jolly procession begins with Mickey and Minnie, and ends with an appearance by Santa Claus himself!
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show: Feast your eyes on a scintillating fireworks display, hosted by Minnie Mouse. See the sky light up in dazzling colors to the tune of favorite Christmas carols.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories Stage Show: Presented on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage, the show features nods to classic Magic Kingdom holiday stage shows, including “Mickey’s Twas the Night Before Christmas,” “Celebrate the Season” and “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.”
- Club Tinsel Dance Party: Club Tinsel in Tomorrowland becomes the coolest place to get down when denizens of the North Pole drop by for the cheeriest dance party in the whole Magic Kingdom park!
- See Disney Characters as they spread holiday cheer around Magic Kingdom park. You may catch sight of the Country Bears, Jiminy Cricket and friends from the Hundred Acre Wood.
- Listen for the sweet sounds of the Reindeer Wranglers, a musical group performing seasonal songs as they provide sensational street-mosphere in Frontierland.
In the midst of all the yuletide revelries, take time to recharge with ice cream novelties, popcorn, select beverages and a seasonal treat—included with the cost of the event—available at carts stationed throughout the park.
Disney Very Merriest After Hours lets a limited number of Guests explore the park for an additional 4 hours after it closes. That means less waiting in line at popular experiences like Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain!
Attractions Open During the Event
All attractions and experiences subject to change without notice.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Jungle Cruise
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Space Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Even More to Holiday Magic
Festive, holiday-themed treats, food and beverages will be available for purchase throughout the night.
Get a warm glow as you take in our special décor and lighting effects, while listening to jubilant seasonal music throughout the park. Enjoy some holiday-themed overlays on attractions like Jingle Cruise. And experience a magical snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.!
Tons of Holiday-themed Magic Shots available throughout the parks! Ask any PhotoPass Photographer about the season-themed surprises they are able to add to your pictures.
All guests are required to wear approved face masks during the event aligned with current park guidelines.
Keep this page bookmarked, as it will be updated accordingly when Disney releases new information. I am attending this event in early November, during the first week. I can’t wait to share all I learn!