WHO CAN MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS?
All guests visiting Walt Disney World can make dining reservations.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE CAN I MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS?
- For on site guests: Dining Reservations begin online at 6:00AM 180 days prior to Day 1 of your vacation. You can book your reservations for the length of your stay.
- For off site guests: Dining Reservations begin online at 6:00AM 180 days ahead of the planned day you want to eat at a particular restaurant. In other words, if you are staying off site for 6 days, you will need to be prepared to be ready at 6:00AM for each day that you want to book a dining reservation. You cannot book for the length of your stay on Day 1 like onsite guests.
- Phone lines open at 7:00AM. Be ready to call in case there are website issues, which has happened from time to time. The number is 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463).
- Some dining options require a credit card on file for the reservation. Please have your credit card handy in case you need it. You can also save your credit card on file in your profile online.
- There are several dining options that will require payment upfront to reserve your date/time. Many of the special event options require upfront payment.
- There are dining packages available for certain late-night park shows. For example, in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, The Hollywood Brown Derby and Mama Melrose’s offers priority seating to view Fantasmic if you choose that option. Tiffins and Tusker House at Animal Kingdom offer priority seating to view Rivers of Light. Those options are available to you.
- You may or may not be able to reserve your first choice for dining, or it may not be the exact time you planned, check back daily up to and including the day of your reservation. People cancel reservations all the time, so you may get lucky and get the time/date you originally wanted. The best time to check is 6:00AM when the reservations open for new reservations.
- Make your Dining Reservations in order of priority, not chronological order.
- Resort restaurants are as wonderful as park restaurants. Don’t forget to consider them when making Dining Reservations. Keep in mind if you dine at a resort you need to allow enough travel time from the park to the resort.
WHAT IS THE DISNEY DINING PLAN (DDP)?
The Disney Dining Plan is an optional add-on to your Magic Your Way Vacation Package (room and tickets), room only reservation, or DVC reservation. This allows you to pre-pay for your food, allowing your vacation to become similar to an all-inclusive experience. You won’t need to worry about money or what food items will cost throughout the day. Everything will be already paid for.
HOW DOES THE DISNEY DINING PLAN WORK?
Depending on the dining plan that you choose, you will receive a number of dining credits to use each day, for you and every member in your family (that also has the dining plan). The credits will be loaded to your account and you may use them as you wish. In other words, you do not have to use a set amount each day, you can use 9 credits one day and 2 the next. The credits are non-refundable though, so plan accordingly.
There are multiple ways to check the remaining balance of your credits:
- Remaining entitlements are printed at the bottom of your dining receipts
- Ask your Resort Concierge or Guest Relations to obtain them at any time
Gratuity is not included, so be sure to factor that in when planning.
WHO CAN PURCHASE THE DDP?
In order to purchase the dining plan, each member of your family needs to have a valid park ticket for the same amount of day as the dining plan.
Children under the age of 3 can share off of an adult plate, or at buffet’s can have their own plate. In order to buy your toddler their own dining plan, they need their own park ticket. Children under the age of 2 do not require a park ticket, so that is most likely not economical. I would recommend paying for them out-of-pocket.
WHAT ARE FREE DDP OFFERS?
Often times throughout the year, Walt Disney World will offer a free DDP. If you book through Walt Disney World and are staying onsite, you have the option to add this offer to your reservation. Note, if you add the free DDP offer to your reservation, you cannot combine offers and also receive resort discounts. It is one or the other. Often times, the resort discount turns out to be a better deal than the free dining option, so you may need to do some calculations before choosing.
WHAT KIND OF SNACKS CAN I GET ON THE DDP?
Throughout the park you will see this symbol, which identifies locations to use your snack credits.
- Frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle or fruit bar
- Popcorn scoop
- 12 oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea
- Prepackaged milk or juice
- Piece of whole fruit
- Bag of snacks
- 20 oz. bottle of Coca-Cola®, Sprite® or Dasani® water
- 20 oz. fountain soft drink
WHAT KIND OF BEVERAGES ARE INCLUDED IN THE DDP?
Guests under 21 can choose from a non-alcoholic beverage or specialty drink. Guests over 21 with a valid form of identification can choose from a non-alcoholic beverage or specialty drink, or an alcoholic beverage such as wine, beer or a cocktail.
Non-alcoholic beverage includes items such as:
- Artisanal Milkshakes
- Fresh Smoothies
- Premium Hot Chocolate
- Soda, Coffee or Tea
Alcoholic beverage includes items such as:
- Beer or Cider
- Wine or Sangria
- Mixed Drinks and Specialty Cocktails