Updated on November 27, 2019
It’s happened to all of us at one time or another. Our battery power runs close to empty on our phone or electronic device and we wished we had the capability to charge it. It’s also a widely known fact that the WiFi service at Walt Disney World is not that great and eats away at our phone battery rather quickly, leaving us in a tough situation.
Walt Disney World has solved that issue and installed Fuel Rod stations at various locations throughout all of the parks. But are they really worth the investment? Let’s find out.
How Much Does a Fuel Rod Cost?
If you choose to invest in a Fuel Rod, it will cost you a one-time $30 fee, and can be purchased with any major credit card at kiosks located throughout the various locations in Walt Disney World (see locations below). When your Fuel Rod runs dry, you can swap it out for a fully charged one at any Fuel Rod locations for FREE! That’s right, no matter how often you need to swap your fuel rod for a new one, it will cost you nothing.
What Is Included With the Fuel Rod?
The portable charging system includes the following:
- One fully charged portable battery (approximately 1000mAh)
- One 6” USB to micro-USB cable (for most Android devices)
- One Apple 30-pin to USB cable (for iPhone and iPad generations 1-4)
- One Apple Lightning to USB cable (for iPhone generations 5+)
How Does a Fuel Rod Work?
When your Fuel Rod runs dry and has no more charge, you can swap it out for a fully charged one at any of the Fuel Rod locations throughout Walt Disney World for FREE. As many time as you need to!
How Much Charge Time Do You Get With the Charger?
The charger will provide up to 8 hours of talk time and 4 hours of mobile or tablet usage. Once the charger is depleted (indicated by a red light on the charger), swap it out for a new one at no charge, or recharge it using a USB charging port.
Disney Park Fuel Rod Station Locations
- Curtain Call Collectibles (Main Street U.S.A.)
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Tomorrowland Light and Power Co.
- Cosmic Ray’s Cafe
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Gateway Gifts
- Disney Traders
- International Gateway
- Celebrity 5&10
- Rock Around the Shop
- Island Mercantile
- Welcome Center
- Disney’s PhotoPass Studio
Non-Park Fuel Rod Station Locations
Disney’s Blizzard Beach
- Inside Beach House
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
- Near Singapore Sal’s
Magic Kingdom Resort Area
- The South Foyer – The Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Lobby – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Second Floor Convention Center – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- BouTiki – Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Epcot Resort Area
- Dundy’s Sundries – The BoardWalk Inn Resort
Animal Kingdom Resort Area
- El Paso – Disney’s Coronado’s Springs Resort
- Pepper Market – Disney’s Coronado’s Springs Resort
- Phone Bank – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Note’able Games Arcade – Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Game Point Arcade – Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Reel Fun Arcade – Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
Disney Springs Resort Area
- Lobby – Port Orleans Riverside
- Lobby – Port Orleans French Quarter
Wide World of Sports Resort Area
- Fast Forward Arcade – Disney’s POP Century
- Pixel Play Arcade – Disney’s Art of Animation
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill
- HP Fieldhouse
- ESPN Clubhouse Shop
Do I Think Fuel Rods Are Worth It?
Yes! I think purchasing a Fuel Rod is worth it. While the charging capacity isn’t much, it is tiny and compact and can fit in any bag or pocket. With unlimited free swaps when the device is empty, its benefit is worth the price. However, with that said, if you are an excessive phone user and will need to charge multiple times throughout the day, I recommend purchasing an external charger for your devices at Amazon.com, or another retailer. You can get a charger for half the amount and double or triple the charging capacity. Click here for the charger I use and highly recommend!
The fuel rod is a great alternative and it’s good to have the option if you need a quick charge! But better to be prepared and purchase one ahead of time. It will save you money in the long run!