The 4th of July is just around the corner and many families are planning to visit the Walt Disney World Resort over the holiday. This is a busy time at Walt Disney World, especially at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Dare I say, it’s just as busy as Christmas Day and New Years Eve!
The crowds will be particularly high on the 3rd and 4th of July, and it will be HOT (visit my post on handling the Heat & Humidity at Walt Disney World), so I recommend packing your patience for the day and just enjoy taking in all of the sights and sounds as we celebrate America!
Here are the list of known activities so you can plan accordingly. I will continue to update this post as we get closer to the 4th and more information is released.
**Bookmark this page so you can come back to it for details!**
DISNEY PARKS FIREWORKS & ENTERTAINMENT
Let freedom ring with Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky. The EPIC 360 degree fireworks display will be performed at the Magic Kingdom on July 3rd AND July 4th at 9:15 PM.
Note: #DisneyParksLIVE will stream the Magic Kingdom fireworks on July 4th! Tune in at 9:13 PM. It’s a great chance for those at home to take in the magnificent fireworks display!
TIP: Generally the crowds are a bit lighter on July 3rd. My recommendation is to view the fireworks on this night (it is the same show both nights), allowing you to visit Epcot on July 4th for their fireworks spectacular (more on that below).
There is never a shortage of dance parties at Walt Disney World! DJs will be performing in Frontierland and Tomorrowland on July 3rd and July 4th to keep Guests dancing and the party rocking!
Don’t forget about The Muppets Present…Great Moments in American History featuring Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Sam the Eagle! The show runs multiple times a day and is located in Liberty Square.
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, the park’s nightly fireworks spectacular, will have a special Independence Day fireworks finale to close out the show. The fireworks display will be performed at 9:00 PM on July 4th.
NOTE: – Illuminations: Reflections of Earth will be ending on September 30, 2019, so this will be the last year this particular fireworks display will be shown. I suspect it will be especially crowded on July 4th to witness this one last time!
Voices of Liberty will perform traditional patriotic songs at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM, and 8:00 PM on July 4th. Typically Voices of Liberty perform in the American Pavilion, but for this special occasion, they will perform at the American Gardens Theater across from the Pavilion. Since this is an outdoor theater, you can hear them if you are anywhere in the vicinity, don’t feel as if you have to have a seat in the theater to enjoy the performance.
Characters dressed in their Independence Day best will greet guests throughout the day.
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS & ANIMAL KINGDOM
Neither one of these parks do a lot for the 4th of July. If you are looking for lower crowds and not a lot of hoopla, visit either of these parks on July 3rd and July 4th. They will be relatively quiet in comparison to their sister parks.
WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT ACTIVITIES
This year, The Contemporary Resort is hosting Woody’s Roundup BBQ Buffet, an all-new event! This will take place on July 4, 5 and 6 ONLY. This is a BBQ Style buffet with character meet & greets, dance parties and a special view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. For more information, click here.
FORT WILDERNESS CAMPGROUNDS
The 4th of July Golf Cart Parade usually begins at 4:00 PM on July 4th. Details and times have not been announced yet for this year.
Last year there were several other activities happening at the campgrounds. I suspect we’ll hear more as the 4th draws near. Stay tuned! More to come.
It comes with no surprise these days that any special event at Walt Disney World includes delectable special treats and epic PhotoPass opportunities and magic shots.
Click here to discover all of the limited time PhotoPass options at Magic Kingdom for July 3rd and July 4th!
- It’s a Party! Sundae – Available through July 31 at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor: Red velvet cake topped with birthday cake ice cream, vanilla sauce, raspberry sauce, whipped cream, a cherry, and red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Sugar Cookie Sandwich – Available through July 31 at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor: Birthday cake ice cream sandwiched between two sugar cookies with red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Berry Shortcake – Available July 4 at Sunshine Seasons: Fresh blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream topped with patriotic sprinkles and a chocolate Mickey coin
- Fourth of July Cupcake – Available July 4 at Fountain View: Yellow cake with buttercream and white chocolate mousse dome
- BBQ Rib Plate – Available July 4 at Liberty Inn: BBQ babyback ribs with slaw and cornbread
- All-American Burger – Available at Liberty Inn: 1/3 lb Angus burger with Vermont sharp cheddar, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, and pickle on a brioche bun with french fries
- The American Dream – Available at Fife & Drum: Frozen blue raspberry slushy with vanilla ice cream and frozen strawberry
- Voices of Liberty Quick-Service Dining Package – Available July 4 at Liberty Inn: Includes entrée, non-alcoholic beverage, dessert, and guaranteed seating for the Voices of Liberty Show at America Gardens Theatre and can be purchased for 29.99 plus tax on July 4 only in-person at Liberty Inn. Show times are 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Fourth of July Cupcake – Available through July 7 at Creature Comforts and Restaurantosaurus:Yellow cupcake with apple pie filling, buttercream, and chocolate fireworks
- Ultimate Barbecue Platter – Available July 4-7 at Flame Tree Barbecue: House-smoked brisket, pulled pork, chicken, ribs, coleslaw, and beans
- Burger and Brew Combo – Available July 4-7 at Restaurantosaurus: 7-oz burger topped with smoked cheddar cheese, pulled pork, barbecue sauce, and jalapeño poppers and served with fries and your choice of beer
- 4th of July White Berry Sangria – Available July 4-7 at Tusker House Restaurant, Tiffins Restaurant, Dawa Bar, and Nomad Lounge: White sangria with blueberries and strawberries
- Red, White and Blue Slush – Available July 4 at Amorette’s Patisserie: Blue raspberry, white Chantilly cream, and strawberry lemonade
- Firecracker Cocktail – Available through July 7 at Splitsville Luxury Lanes: Lemonade, citrus vodka, blue curaçao, and grenadine
- 4th of July Box – Available through July 7 at Sprinkles: Red velvet cupcakes, dark chocolate cupcakes, and gluten-friendly lemon-blueberry cupcakes
- Americana Mini Sampler – Available through July 7 at Sprinkles: Red velvet cupcake, dark chocolate cupcake, and vanilla cupcake
- 4th of July Sundae – Available July 4 at Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill:Fresh berries and gelato topped with whipped cream, a house-made waffle cone, red, white, and blue sprinkles, and chocolate candies
- Assorted 4th of July Desserts – Available at Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill To-Go Window: Freshly-made brownies, mini cupcakes, cookies, and white chocolate-drizzled popcorn
WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT HOTELS
- Mickey’s Fire Cracker Cupcake – Available July 4 at Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Red velvet cupcake with mixed berry filling and vanilla buttercream icing
- Independence Day Cupcake – Available July 4 at P&J’s Southern Takeout at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds: Yellow cupcake with buttercream icing
- Pulled Pork Sandwich – Available July 4 at Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: BBQ pulled pork with spicy pimento cheese, fried onion straws, bread, and pickles
- Fourth of July Shortcake – Available July 3-5 at Everything POP Shopping and Dining at Disney’s Pop Century Resort: Red, white, and blue shortcake with macerated berries
- Red, White, and Blue Sangria – Available July 3-4 at Geyser Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: White sangria infused with fresh blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- Patriotic Rum Punch – Available July 3-4 at Geyser Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Raspberry rum, blue curaçao, and cranberry and pineapple juices
- Non-Alcoholic Boom Berry Lemonade – Available July 3-4 at Geyser Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Powerade Mountain Blast, lemonade, and fresh raspberries
- The Strawberry Sparkler – Available July 3-4 at Geyser Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Sparkling wine infused with strawberry purée and fresh blueberries and garnished with a strawberry popsicle
- 4th of July Donut – Available through July 4 at Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Classic glazed donut topped with vanilla frosting and red, white, and blue sprinkles
- 4th of July Cupcake – Available through July 4 at Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Vanilla cupcake with cherry filling, buttercream icing, and red, white, and blue sprinkles and stars
- Apple Pie Cupcake – Available July 3-5 at The Market at Ale & Compass and Beach Club Marketplace at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts: Vanilla bean cupcake with roasted apple filling and buttercream
- Uncle Slam – Available July 4 at Oasis and Barefoot Pool Bars at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: Rum blended with cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and strawberry purée with a floater of blue curaçao (non-alcoholic version also available)
- Raspberry Dole Whip Cone – Available July 4 at Pineapple Lanai at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: Blue sugar cone with red raspberry Dole Whip and red, white, and blue stars
- 4th of July Cupcake – Available July 4 at Capt. Cook’s and Kona Coffee Bar: Yellow cupcake with lemon-blueberry filling and red, white, and blue, buttercream stars