A HUGE announcement was made today from with revealing super HUGE changes coming to Epcot, just in time to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World in 2021! Let’s chat about what’s to come!
We’re getting a new pavilion!!! This has to be some of the most exciting news coming out of Disney in a long time! The pavilion (not yet named) will be themed around the power of PLAY that will be unlike anything we have seen before! This new space will be devoted to playful fun and feature an innovative city that will come to life under the domed building previously known as Wonders of Life. The pavilion’s city will be extremely immersive and bursting with interactive experiences where you can explore, create, and interact with some of your favorite Disney characters, enjoy hands-on activities and engaging entertainment.
Paying homage to the original park entrance, there are big changes coming to way you enter and exit Epcot. As seen in the image above, the newly redesigned plaza will welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain.
But don’t fear, the beloved Leave A Legacy photos will be moving into a beautiful setting just outside the park’s gateway. Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth attraction and the World Showcase Promenade. More details about the transformation of this area will be announced at a later date.
And if you just can’t wait until all these new things are ready for us to explore, you’ll be able to look into the future with us at a new Experience Center coming to Epcot later this year. The Experience Center will be located in the Odyssey Events Pavilion and feature interactive exhibits to help visualize park projects throughout this unprecedented period of transformation.
This is such an amazing and exciting time to be a Walt Disney World, and specifically an Epcot fan!! This park is near and dear to my heart and the one that had the biggest impact on me the first time I visited Walt Disney World in the early 80’s. I am excited for this refresh and all-new things to come!
Here’s some of the other exciting things coming to Epcot:
- Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster in Future World
- Epcot Forever, a 2019 limited-time nighttime experience over World Showcase Lagoon set to classic Epcot tunes, followed by an all-new nighttime spectacular debuting in 2020
- Space-themed table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction in the France pavilion, patterned after the number-one family attraction at Disneyland Paris
- Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and updated O Canada! 360-degree show
- Signature Dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan
- Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion, showing in addition to the pavilion’s current film, Impressions de France
And for a Master List of all things coming to Walt Disney World across all 4 parks, click here!!